1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Went on my first and second dates. uh. Interesting. Went to a concert. 2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
They were 'be happy' and 'start living'. Possibly. I'm not exactly sure. And yes. 2011 is going to be my most ambitous year of resolutions to date.3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope.4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.5. What countries did you visit?
None. I just stayed in Canada. Travesty. 6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Hmm. More doing. I'm a very mental person. I think a lot on the things I want to do, but rarely actually do
them. So that has to change. A job would also be nice.7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
That day in June that I saw Metric with B (first date, first concert, motherfucking Metriiiic♥). Canada whooping the States at Hockey. I never really remember actually dates, just the events and month.8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I guess going back to school.9. What was your biggest failure?
I definitely didn't search for a job as well as I should have. My relationship with my mom has kind of degraded and I've give up.10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A cold, here or there.11. What was the best thing you bought?
An education.12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My wonderful friends. Max, Tarzi, Brennan, Joel. I love you guys.13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Uh..my moms. :\14. Where did most of your money go?
Movies. Omg. Movies. and public transit. But it's still cheaper than a car. 15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The build up to, and actual winning of the koboooo, that hasn't left my hands since the 20th. 16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Anything from the Scott Pilgrim
OST.17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) happier or sadder? Sadder, I think.
(b) thinner or fatter? Exactly the same
(c) richer or poorer? Technically, the same, but I guess poorer because now I have student loans to pay back.18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Floss.19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Regretting.20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my grandparents. It was pleasant.21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes. With vuvuzelas.22. What was your favorite TV program?
Toss up between Sherlock and Doctor Who.23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope.24. What was the best book you read?
The Amazing Adventures of Kavaliaer & Clay by Michael Chabon25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I found a lot of musicians this year. But I guess I'd have to say Jason Mraz. But The Music Scene by Blockhead changed my life.26. What did you want and get?
My kobo. :) Oh and these shoes that a friend got me for my birthday.27. What did you want and not get?
A vuvuzela. :( I WANT ONE SO BAD.28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Equally Scott Pilgrim VS The World
and How to Train Your Dragon
.29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
hmmm. I can't remember. I think I went to Max's. Maybe. Most likely. Anywho, I turned 21.30. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
FIFA.♥31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
haha. Cartoon closet. I wore a green sweater, blue jeans and red chucks solidly from September until uh...I'm still rocking that uniform. (Except the chucks are now boots.)32. What kept you sane?
Friends.33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Pine. yup.34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Gulf Spill. That political, right?35. Who did you miss?
My aunt. My friends from high school.36. Who was the best new person you met?
Pretty much my entire fashion class.37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Make yourself proud first. Please you, and then think about pleasing others.38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
uh...I really can't think of anything.
****Movies of 2010 ****
1. Alice In Wonderland, 2010 ** ..burtonesque?
2. Kick-Ass, 2010 *** kick-ass
3. *How To Train Your Dragon, 2010 **** touching
4. Sherlock Holmes, 2009 *
5. The Ugly Truth, 2009 * bland
6. *Close Encounters, 1977 **** epic
7. 2001, 2009 *** classic
8. Ten Inch Hero ***
9. Avatar, 2009 * souless
10. *Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, 2009 **** hilarious
11. Valentine's Day, 2010 ** predictable
12. Iron Man 2, 2010 * underwhelming
13. *Penelope, 2008 ***
14. Weird Science, ***
15. Lords of Dogtown, 2005 ****
16. *The Terminator, 198 ****
17. The Mist, 200 ** SCARRING
18. Jonah Hex, ** meh
19. *The Losers, **** under-rated
20. Hot Tub Time Machine, *** funny
21. *Fanboys, **** great
22. Grandma's Boy, *** ffffunny
23. *Fantastic Mr Fox, ***
24. Surrogates, * meh
25. *The Hurt Locker, **** painful
26. Shutter Island, **** oooouch
27. *SCOTT PILGRIM VS THE WORLD, AUH-MAZING
28. *Megamind, **** touching
29. Tron Legacy, HILARIOUS ****
30. *Billy Elliot, **** AWW
31. The A*Team, ** ehh
32. Salt, ** Weird, but i do like that her husband was the DID.
33. RED, ***
34. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) ****
*****Books of 2010 *****
1. Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman *****
2. Sandman Vol. 1 ***
3. American Gods, Neil Gaiman ****
4. Ella Minnow Pea, Mark Dunn *****
5. Interworld, Gaiman & Reaves ***
6. The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien ****
7. The Fire's Stone, ***
8. Everything Is Illuminated, Jonathon Safran Foer *****
9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavaliaer & Clay, Michael Chabon *****
10. Jurassic Park, Michael Cricton*****
11. The Cellist of Sarajevo, *****
12. Monster, A Lee Martinez ***
13. Catch-22, Joseph Heller ****
14. Cocksure, Mordecai Richler ****
15. Beatrice and Virgil, Crushed my heart. But I would definitely read it again. *****, Dec 1 10
16. Havemercy, **** Dec 17 10
17. PJO: The Lightning Thief, *** Dec 20, 10
18. PJO: The Sea of Monsters, *** Dec 22, 10
19. PJO: The Titan's Curse, *** Dec 24, 10
20. PJO: The Battle of the Labyrinth, *** Dec 26, 10
21. PJO: The Last Olympian, ***** Dec 28, 10
Indented and/or starred ones are the ones that I want to own. I could have read more books and spent less money on movies.
And my 2011 resolutions are:
1. Try to keep being happy; live in the moment
2. Get back into the French. Work on vocab and grammar. Cue cards!
3. Health things. Drink more water, start exercising, floss every night, sleep better, etc
4. Sew/knit at least 5 things for myself. 2 have to be designed and drafted by me.
5. Read more books than last year.
6. Save money.
7. Tame my fucking hair. It was going well for a few months, and everything crashed and burned. I need to learn how to use a flat iron. I fail as a femme.
Yup. I loved 2010. Hopefully I can make 2011 just as good.